I am in Dallas right now. My flight was delayed in Miami...some of the flight crew didn't show up or something like that. And than they practically shoved us all on the plane and started getting us going without everything settled. We got here and of course my flight was in a different terminal, so I had to take a shuttle over. Man I am disappointed about that--there was a Ben and Jerry's in the other terminal but I wasn't sure how far my gate was and they had posted on the board an earlier time than was on my ticket so I panicked a little. But I ended up having an hour...but I didn't want to go all the way back. My body was running on empty, so I stopped off at Pizza Hut and got a pepperoni pizza, breadsticks, and a Mountain Dew. I feel more human like and less of a zombie now...I had a few snacks today but it wasn't much. I was going to get lunch at Miami but I was flabbergasted at the prices. There was a really yummy looking chicken sandwich combo with chips and a drink...for ten dollars. I good get something like that in Nicaragua for like two dollars! I was astonished and left the place kind of reeling. I've forgotten how much more expensive things are here in the states.
Also, I keep speaking Spanish to people. Sometimes full sentences, sometimes just one word answers--but it's automatic. I didn't even realized I had done it at first until the stewardess stared blankly at me for a moment. Than I reviewed in my head what I had said-"Un botella de agua por favor." A bottle of water please. I really hope I don't lose my Spanish. I picked up the Spanish magazine out of the back of the airplane seat and was able to read it all the way through...I felt accomplished. Hope all is well with you guys and the next time you'll probably be hearing from me, I'll be home!
~paz
Final Week
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment