Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The End is near...

So still no word as to why we are being made to leave the hotel.

The guy who owns the coffee plantation--Andy--has offered to let us stay at his house for as long as he wants. He even has two rooms so we could have our own rooms if we want.

Yesterday Jess and I went to the ceramic black pottery place and bought a few gifts. For ten dollars, I got a lot of stuff. I felt kind of bad having the stuff so cheap. She is going to make me a teapot and some teacups.

So my parents don't feel entirely comfortable with me staying down here since things have changed with the hotel. We won't be teaching English here any more, and at the moment the water project is kind of stalled. We'll still be teaching English at the church though. Tara is coming next week for two weeks. We were planning on taking her on a sightseeing tour of Granada and Ometepe Island. I don't know yet if I'll still be here for that.

While Tara is here we have a couple of things we need/would like to do. We are still trying to get in touch with the Young Life camp to find out if we can get a branch here. Apparently Amada used to be part of Young Life, and so she said she would give us some contact information. We would like to visit the Orphanages. Probably take her up to the cross--Jessica will take her at least.

Today we are going to visit the home of the girl that Jessica is working with. After that we will probably swing by the Special Needs school again.

As I said, I might be back on American soil a lot sooner than I thought. It's kind of sad because I feel like I'm letting people down and if you know me, you know I don't like to quit. Sure I might talk about quitting at some points but when it comes down to it I don't. But things have changed for us here, and to be honest this summer was not what I expected. I expected a lot more from it and I expected to get a lot more done. Things have fallen through for us here and while new doors have opened for us, I begin to wonder if maybe those doors are being kept shut from me for a reason.


Psalm 139:15-16
"My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment