Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In Miami...

Hello to all you wonderful people who have continue to keep up with me on my travels!

We had some minor problems with the plane in Managua. We taxied out to the runway and than they realized something was wrong so we taxied back to the gate and they fixed the problem and had to do the paperwork and then they had to refuel because we had burned so much sitting around. The flight was fairly uneventful except for the little girl who sat next to me. I swear I have never heard a voice so shrill before in my life. And she proceeded to use that voice the entire trip. So the nice two and some hour nap that I had been looking forward to did not happen. Luckily, a tv show was playing and so I tried drowning her out that way. We arrived in Miami about an hour later than we were supposed to, but I had a three hour layover here in Miami, so I haven't been crunched on time which was good having to go through immigration/customs and everything...I feel like I've gone through so many security check points and other ridiculous things today. Ugh. I forgot that I had some mango/pineapple/banana jelly in my backpack and they counted it as a liquid which sticks because I was going to use that as a gift for mom...but oh well.

I have about 40 some minutes before they start my boarding so I think I might hit up the bathroom in a few minutes and maybe get something small to carry on the plane with me to eat. We'll see. I think I have about a two hour layover in Dallas as well and than I have my flight to Alexandria which is about 15 minutes or so from the house.

I was able to hang out with Tara last night and we talked until about 1 this morning (which probably wasn't the greatest thing since I had to get up at 4 but I really enjoyed it). I love Tara to death and I realized how much I have missed her friendship. We used to be pretty close, but I've kind of dropped the ball lately and our paths didn't cross as much. I really really really really hate that I left when I did and didn't get to spend more time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment