Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Testing ground...or a sign?

Proverbs 30:1-3

"...I am weary, O God;
I am weary and worn out, O God.
I am too stupid to be human,
and I lack common sense.
I have not mastered human wisdom,
nor do I know the Holy One."


Right now, I am not sure what to do. This summer has not been quite what I expected, and I've been sick for a lot of it. And now this. Is this a sign that maybe I should go home early? Or is this just a testing ground to see how I stand up in difficult times? I don't really have the money to continue to stay here for the rest of the summer and have to pay for it and pay for all my food as well.

I don't want to end up in someone's home that can't afford to take care of us. Fany only makes approximately five dollars a day from the hotel. How can I expect her to take one of us in?

And yet...if I go home early, will that be quitting? Throwing in the towel for the people of Jinotega and all of the things that we have been working on?

Please pray for guidance in this.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I'm praying for you that God will give you the wisdom you need to make the decision which will bring Him the most glory...He'll show you the way :)
    Psalm 103

    ReplyDelete