Today was the official Mother's Day of Nicaragua. The hotel had a number of customers today.
Jessica and I ate lunch with Tere and her son and her grandchildren. The food was great and we had a really good time talking to Tere's son. He worked in the Air Force for the US for six years or so, and he spent some time in Japan. So, he speaks Spanish, English and Japanese. I thought that was pretty cool.
After lunch, I looked up some more vocabulary to go over with the staff. Jess and I made a trip down to a bakery to pick up some bread, and we also ran to an ice cream shop.
We met with Marwell today, and began hashing out some details about us teaching English at the church. We are thinking about having two different classes. One for children, and one for teens and adults.
We were planning on traveling with the music school tomorrow some where, but the truck is not working, and so the trip got canceled.
Jess and I are planning on going to Shalom in the morning, and we are going to attempt to go there by ourselves, so we'll see how this goes!
Hope all is well with you guys!
Final Week
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment