Hello to all! I just wanted to drop you guys a brief message and let you know that we made it safely down here. Our flight our of Charlotte was delayed and we almost missed our flight to Miami. We were running through the airport to make our connecting flight. We got there at 12:59 and our flight out was at 1:00. Everything was already closed down but thankfully they let us on. We got on the plane and then they announced that we were having some sort of technically difficulties but that it would be fixed soon. So we sat on the plane for about an hour. We made it safely to Managua though.
I had some issues going through customs. They didn't want to let me go through until they knew exactly where I was going. I kept trying to tell them but they didn't listen, and kept trying to make me move on even though they had my passport. But it all got worked out and we met up with Rodney and his wife and went to lunch. Afterwards we came back to their house and just hung out for a bit. I went to bed very early last night because I was feeling under the weather, but I am feeling better now.
Today we are going to do a little sightseeing. We are going to go see the volcano and learn more about the country. Rodney and his wife have really been great about opening up their house and taking care of us.
We don't really have internet here at all, so don't get too worried if you don't here from us until this weekend. Once we get into Jinotega, we should have a more stable internet connection going on.
Love to you all and thank you so much for your prayers!
Courts
Final Week
16 years ago
Thanks for letting us know how things are going. Miss you a bunch. Love mom
ReplyDelete