Saturday, May 30, 2009

Uneventful

So, it's hard to remember sometimes that there are people back home anxiously awaiting any and all news from us.

Yesterday we didn't do anything to huge. We taught English lessons again to the hotel staff. It seems that each day those lessons get longer and longer but it doesn't bother us. There was a group of Americans from Phoenix who were here last night and so Fany and the other hotel staff got to practice their English a bit. They were pretty excited about that.

We are still trying to put together English classes at Shalom but haven't really had any luck yet in setting a time.

Jess got the rest of the paperwork for the water project in Datanli, and there is more paperwork than we thought. We have to fill a couple of pages for each individual family. We are going to go by the copiers and make copies and then are planning on traveling up there either Monday or Tuesday, which ever day works best for Miguel. Fany is calling him for us and will let us know either today or tomorrow.

Yesterday, we also went with Amada to her English class. She had two students who are learning English, and they are both fairly far along. We talked with them for about an hour and a half. It was a lot of fun, but at times difficult as well. Jess and I have become so used to speaking in Spanish now, that we kept slipping up.

I was able to speak with mom on the webcam last night, and that was good.

Not much else here going. I am getting ready to sit down and start planning out some stuff for our English lessons. Jess typically does the grammar side of things and I do the vocabulary. We are working with the receptionist, the cook, the maids, and Lester and Domingo. They are all on different levels, and so it makes it interesting.

I hope this finds you all well and I will write more later!

Courts

No comments:

Post a Comment