Hello to all!
We went to the night service again today because there was a minor miscommunication about us going this morning. The service was about mothers. They are still celebrating mothers here, which I think is great. For this culture, the family is a very important part of their lives. In fact, typically it is their number one priority. They all live near each other and they watch out for each other. I really love that aspect of their culture. And so, at the end of the service, they had all the mothers get in the front of the room and then everyone went up and hugged and kissed their cheeks. I have never kissed so many people before. Neither have I been kissed so many times by so many different people either!
We spoke with Marwell and I think that we have finally pegged down a time to start teaching English at the church. I think that we will be teaching Mondays and Wednesdays at 5. One day we will teach children, and the other we will teach teens and adults. We thought about starting it this week, but they weren't able to announce it officially and we need to sit down and start planning lesson plans and getting copies of things.
Tomorrow we were planning on traveling to Datanli, but instead, Miguel wants us to sit down and talk about it. I'm not sure why, but that's okay. So tomorrow at 8 we have a meeting with Miguel to smooth out some things.
The mission teams are beginning to arrive this week, and the staff has been able to practice their English. They are doing pretty well and we look forward to the rest of the teams coming in.
Well I'm off to bed soon. I hope this finds all of you well!
Courts
Final Week
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment