We relaxed for a bit and than headed back to Jinotega. We took a different route and got to see more of the plantation. And, we also went past the place that Andres was kidnapped at last year. Apparently, he has some money because of the plantation and some people thought they could make some easy money by kidnapping him. They held him for three days and they got some money. A week later, they were caught by the police.
They took us to see a Catholic church that had some paintings in it. One painting had a picture of the devil...who kind of looked like Daniel Ortega...apparently a lot of people say that.
When I was in Costa Rica, I bought a jersey for the soccer team called La Liga. I realized today that it was the same colors as the Sandinistan flag. About 80% of the people in Nicaragua are unhappy with them, so it probably would be a good idea for me not to wear that jersey again while I'm here.
It was really great to see the coffee plantation and how they produce the coffee. He invited us back to hang out again, and I think we are going to. I think we might try to go there when Tara comes.
Tomorrow we are attending a pinata class and than heading back up to Datanli.
Hope all is well with you guys and thanks for all the prayers!
This is the bull that I touched! I hate that my other photos were deleted, but at least I have this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment