Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reaffirmation

Today I did not go to the Bible school, but I went with the leader of the group to run different errands. The group was having a pastor's conference while they were here, and they ended up putting about 80 pastors in different hotels all over the city. The leader of their group doesn't speak Spanish, and so I went with him to the seven or eight different hotels to pay the bill at each one.

It was a bit of an encouragement for me today to be the only one around who spoke English and Spanish because I was the one who had to do the communicating. It was good because I realized that I know a lot more than I previously thought. I have been discouraged of late because it doesn't seem that my Spanish is getting any better. I haven't been entirely sure that I wanted to be an Interpreter after all. But today reaffirmed it to me that I wanted to. Languages are tricky things, and being able to manipulate them to say what you want is kind of fun. Sometimes I didn't know the exact words that I needed, but I was able to talk around them. I really enjoyed it. So that's a praise that I have for today. A prayer request that I have is that I can devote more time for studying Spanish so that I can become better at it.

Hope you all are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment