Buenas!
Hello to all!
Yesterday ended up well. We taught English to the hotel staff as planned, but it is a bit frustrating sometimes because some of the staff only works on certain days while others work every day. And so some of the staff has now learned more than the others, and so Jess and I have to split up and teach new things/review with the ones that have been here all the time, while going over the same stuff with the newcomers...does that make sense? My brain is going in a million different direction right now.
After our English lesson, which lasted until around dinner time, Jess and I both were feeling a little tired and so we chilled in the room for a bit trying to recoop. A group from the states arrived at one point and we helped out the staff getting them in and settled a little. We haven't really had a chance to sit down with them yet and find out exactly everything they are doing, but we know that they are part of a medical team.
Last night we went to do laundry and it was kind of funny. We thought that we would just put the clothes right in the washing machine and leave it. But when we went to do that, the hotel staff said no, we needed to wash them by hand, and then put them in the washer to rinse them. Jess and I were a bit confused and not really looking forward to washing all of our clothes by hand (two weeks worth for two people). But then they told us that we could put the clothes in the washer. It was a bit confusing...but we both have clean clothes now, so oh well.
This morning we got up and went back to city hall to have another meeting. The meeting was supposed to be at 8:30. The people we were meeting with didn't come in until 9:20ish. That was a little frustrating. And Miguel wasn't with us, and at first they didn't have anyone who spoke English. So Jessica and I fumbled through the meeting doing the best that we could. Another guy eventually came in and he spoke basic rudimentary English and it helped a little. There is still so much that we still need to do with the water project, and it is a little daunting to look at it all. There are so many people that we have to go through to get things done. And there is so much paperwork. But, Jess and I are attempting to plow through it. We got back to the hotel around 11:15 or so and we sat down to check e-mails. I know I for one am a little drained after the meeting, and so I am going to just chill until our English lessons later. Thinking of you guys up in the states!
Courts
Final Week
16 years ago
Keep up the good work! I believe in you. Good job teaching English!
ReplyDelete