Jess and I moved into our new room today...It's an addition to the hotel--a convention center is what it is called. It's about six blocks or so from Hotel Cafe. It's not finished yet. Our room is bigger...but a lot barer. We decided that we probably won't unpack because we are going to be moving back to Hotel Cafe in about ten days.
We have been working on the surveys for the water project. Basically there are two pieces of paper for each house/family. We are putting them into spreadsheets. I've been working on the community of Los Robles. The front page has whether or not there have been disease/illnesses with the water now. The second page has a list of question and we type the corresponding letter into the spreadsheet. It might not seem like a lot...but after awhile...it is...I finished 150 in about 2 1/2-3 hours...and I have probably another 150 or so to do.
Doing the paperwork really opened my eyes. One of the questions is--Where do you get your drinking water. There was a number of the people who said that they got their water from the lake. The lake is filthy. It's sad to think about.
Group arrive at some point tomorrow. I'm not sure what time. But we will be here to help with them. Basically once we leave our rooms in the morning we probably won't be going back. So that means bringing everything with us. Which is kind of annoying but oh well.
Something that made me chuckle today--I was running out of cash to change over and so we went by the bank today. I inserted my debit card and clicked to take out cordobas. Then I forgot I did that and so when it asked me if I wanted to draw my money out in a 100, 150, or 200 increment I freaked a little...Than I remembered that 200 corobas only equals about $25.00. So yeah...(actually--I looked at my bank account and it was $24.63.)
Hope this finds you all well!
Final Week
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment