Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Datanli (the last one!)

Sorry for making this three posts, but we have been doing stuff, and I didn't want to make this all one long post.

So we had out meetings, we got our photos and some information that we need. We are traveling back up to Datanli on Thursday to attend a "commissioning" that they are having. They have to choose a team of people for this project. President, Vice President, Secretary...stuff like that, so that people stay on top of this and so that they have responsibility of sorts for the water system.

Jess and I both rode in the back of the truck on the way back. I loved it. It sprinkled a little but barely enough to get us wet. It was refreshing. Datanli is kind of far off the road, so we had a couple of miles of horrible road to drive along--covered in rock and gaping holes in the middle of the road. But it was great riding along. Coffee plants were growing every where. Everything was green. We saw lots of animals--and their animals look different a lot of times. We saw a lot of bulls and some of them in the road--I eyed those warily considering we were in the back of the truck. A couple of times, we had to stop as cows were herding along the road. I love seeing that sight. Something that I haven't seen before that cracked me up--we saw a guy on a bicycle herding some cows. It made me laugh.

We got back around 4:30 and Jess and I are exhausted. We didn't get to eat lunch, so we were pretty hungry as well. We went to the Pali and got some small snacks just in case we don't get to eat lunch again sometime soon. And we got ice cream and oreos again. That has been our one weakness here. I have been craving chocolate lately but they don't really have any good chocolate. They have Snickers...but that just doesn't do it for me. And we don't typically have dessert here at the hotel, and so Jess and I bought ice cream and oreos again. We aren't going to eat them tonight cuz we aren't really in the mood, but lately, there hasn't been anything better than vanilla ice cream with oreos crumbled into it...mmmhhmm...

Well I'm off--I have some e-mails to send out and than I am crashing for the night. Hope all is well with you guys back in the states and all of the other places that you are!!!

Mrs. Phillips--Thank you so much for those snacks you got me! Those have been a life saver lately--especially since we didn't get to eat lunch today.

ps
WE GOT TO SEE DARWIN! For those of you who don't know who I am talking about, he is one of the boys who plays at the music school who came to the states!


Here are some photos! One is the scary ladder we had to climb to get on top of the tank. One is a photo of the guy who comes up and puts the chlorine in every week. He is soooo happy to do it and proud of his job! One is of the water down in the tank and one is of the building that everything goes in and out of.




No comments:

Post a Comment