Saturday, June 6, 2009

Datanli canceled

Our trip to Datanli was canceled today. Apparently the pastor of the church and a lot of the church was going to be visiting another village. And so, we decided that it would be better to go another day to meet them. Or at least wait until we go on Tuesday with the people from the mayor's office.

So we ended up having the whole day free--we had left open the day for Datanli. Jess and I are thinking about calling Amada and seeing if she wants to go somewhere this afternoon. As soon as we found out that we were not going though, I decided to go take a nap. I don't know what it is, but I have been in an almost constant state of exhausation lately. I don't understand why. I've been getting 6-7 hours of sleep every night but I still am always tired. So I was grateful that I could lay down for a bit. I think maybe the fact that this trip is longer than any other trip that I've been on. On other trips, I knew that the end was in sight soon, so I could throw myself into it full steam knowing that I would be able to rest soon. But this trip is a bit longer.

Another thing that I thought about while trying to get to sleep last night was the fact that I have had some issues. I've been thinking that this hasn't really felt like a mission trip, because we have constantly been served by others. We are staying in a nice hotel and have been eating good, normal food. I have been frustrated remembering other mission trips. But than I remembered...I should be an ambassador for God no matter where I am or what my situation is. I should be an example whether I am living in the comfort of my own home, or whether I am in a five star hotel. The situation and your surroundings that you are in are for a reason. And I need to remember that.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! Don't get down because it's not what you expected and kudos to you for realizing the emotion for what it is. You're going to be doing great things, even better than what you're doing already.
    This has been your encouraging message from your stateside Addie Ho.

    ReplyDelete