Sunday, June 14, 2009

Party on the top of the mountain

So I realized I never blogged about Saturday afternoon/night.

Yesterday, Jess and I stopped by a coffee shop to get out of the hotel. We played some cards and than Domingo shows up saying that Tere was looking for us. We were going to go to the lake and sightsee a bit. So we go back to the hotel and are heading out the door when some of her friends pull up. Apparently there was a big party going on at someone's house up on top of the mountain and we were all invited. Apparently it was kind of like the high rollers of Jinotega. The present mayor was there and we finally got to meet him and it was the ex-mayor's father's birthday and he was there as well. (We still have not been able to get in contact with the ex-mayor Ted, but we are working on that.) But at least the mayor at the present moment knows us and even danced with us a bit, so he might be more willing to help us with things in the future.

Anyways...so we all pile into this one car and start the drive up the mountain. I thought that the road to Datanli and some of the other places that we have gone was bad...that had nothing on this. Literally in some places...there was no road...it was just rocks and GIANT holes...I don't know how we got up there. Honestly it probably is only about...two-three miles to the top...It took us a good 20-30 minutes just to drive up it. It was ridiculously bumpy.

We get to the top and there are all of these people. Like...a lot. And there are security guards walking around with guns. We are introduced to half of the group...I can't recall a single name at the moment. And than we sat down and for the next five hours...it was a whirlwind...food and drinks and people and dogs and these cute twin little boys that Jess and I played with and danced with. There was a Mariachi Band and they were...loud. Haa! But it was cool to hear them. Some of the people...got a little...tipsy and that lead to a lot of dancing. Not a dirty kind of dancing at all...just really crazy fast dancing and they wanted Jess and I to dance with them as well.

For those of you who know me...You know that dancing + me...'snot really a good thing. I'm not a big fan of dancing in the first place, I'm not very good at it, I have no rhythm and I have a bad hip. So yeah...I made a fool of myself out on the dance floor. There was this one old man that was...well...I don't know what to call it. He asked Jess to dance and me to dance. He has a hard time standing on his own and so who ever he was dancing with, he was clinging to pretty hard...that was kind of awkward...

But Jess and I had a pretty good time, and more of the people are aware of who we are and what are purpose for being here is. We met some people from Datanli and so we are hoping that maybe they will help us some. We'll see.

The first photo is the the guy and Jess dancing.
The second is the band.
Jess and the baby.









No comments:

Post a Comment